Sunday, January 29, 2006

Two minute book review




I absolutely loved the Oprah book- of- the- month, Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, from many years ago. I cannot pronounce his last name, but this man can write. I didn't know that Chris had written several other book besides Midwives, his latest being Before You Know Kindness. See what happens when good writers don't get publicized? Fabulous novels slip through the cracks and I missed Chris's last three books. But I did find Before You Know Kindness and for that I'm grateful.

People who turn their noses up at light, chick-lit novels will enjoy this deep, thoughtful, compelling book about how a family can be brought down by a single act and become whole again.


5 Comments:

Blogger william2233 said...
Just stoped by to say hi.
I'm a new childrens author
just checking out other peoples blogs. @ 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Just letting you know, it won't let us comment on the James Frey post. I'd like to! @ 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...
I loved Midwives. You MUST read Trans-sister Radio, it is a wonderful book. All of his books are great, I think. Now go read them all. @ 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Layla said...
anon 2:44 is correct! Your James Frey post does not allow comments... @ 8:39 PM  
Blogger Adi said...
Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa @ 8:59 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google