Monday, May 29, 2006

Alison Pace, Pug Hill




Alison can claim being the first author I've interviewed twice. She wrote If Andy Warhol Had A Girlfriend which was a fun trip into the art world with quotes from Andy sprinkled throughout.

Pug Hill is her newest book, a good beach read- something that will amuse you and entertain you. Plus, how can you not delight in the happy ending? I was excited to read Pug Hill based on the title. I love animals, especially dogs but not really cats. Alison places her novels in the world of art, this time the main character is an art restorer at the Met who has a terrible fear of public speaking, a love of pugs and a crush on her co-worker.

Why a pug? Why not Poodle Hill? Or German Shepard Hill? What's the
deal with pugs?


Well, there is an actual place in Central Park where pugs used to gather to play off leash together. I always greatly enjoyed the sight when I walked by, and thought it was a great place to anchor a novel about someone who loves dogs.

Do you have issues with public speaking like Hope in the novel? Public speaking scares me. Thinking about it makes me break out in a cold sweat and my heart starts to race..cant do it.

I'm not a my most comfortable when public speaking, not at all. I got to thinking about Hope's issues when I was giving readings for my first novel. She's much worse off in that arena than I am though. Luckily for me.

Is Pug Hill a metaphor for something in Hope's life, or maybe yours?

I think it's a metaphor for a perfect world for Hope. Pugs to her, are symbols of love, freedom, unconditional friendship, and so to have them all in one place is quite wonderful for her.

What was your inspiration for the book?

Mostly, my love for dogs and how positively I feel they have affected my life.

Do you own a dog, a cat, a gerbil or guineapig?

I actually do not currently own a dog. I'm a bit like Hope McNeill in that respect. It's in my immediate future.


Are Pugs symbolic or something? Because not only did I receive this book, but was invited to write for the Pug Bus, a satire site run by my friend Phil. Check out my humorous essays here here, and here. You can learn more about Alison Pace here. Happy Pugging!


2 Comments:

Blogger Adi said...
Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa @ 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Marsha said...
Quite helpful information, thanks for your article. @ 2:25 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google