Thursday, June 15, 2006

Cesar's Way



This is Lola, my Great Dane pup. She is in need of the gentle touch of Cesar. Lola enjoys eating waffles off the kitchen counter, shredding flip-flops of any size and color and jumping on my freshly washed Egyptian cotton sheets!



I absolutely want to read this book, Cesar's Way. I first heard of Cesar when I adopted my dog, Lola. She was a very out of control pup who refused to pee outside and liked to bite hands and toes. I received emails from a variety of dog lovers and many of them mentioned Cesar's show on the Discovery channel.

Cesar says that he "rehabilitates dogs and trains people". He believes these are the basic tenents for our canine buddies: exercise, discipline, and affection. The book promises to help us create a stronger bond with our pets and help us to see the world through the eyes of our dogs.

I look forward to reading Cesar's Way and learning how to teach and talk to Lola, as well as my other dog Leo who is strangely attracted to corduroy-clad legs.

Nothing breaks my heart more than a dog who is put outside and left there with a dog dish and a bowl of water and very little human interaction and love. I hope many people learn about what gifts our animals are. It's our responsibility to give the dogs what they need, Cesar shows us how.

In the book, you will learn:

• What your dog really needs may not be what you’re giving him

• Why a dog’s natural pack instincts are the key to your happy relationship

• How to relate to your dog on a canine level

• There are no “problem breeds,” just problem owners

• Why every dog needs a job

• How to choose a dog who’s right for you and your family

• The difference between discipline and punishment

(amazon.com)


2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...
Love the pick of Lola!
;-)
Thanks for mentioning this book - I didn't realize he had one coming out. I've enjoyed his TV shows on occasion and will definitely need to get this book! @ 1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hello Lola -- what a GORGEOUS girl!!

-XX, LC
luxlotus.com @ 1:03 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google