Thursday, July 13, 2006

Come Closer by Sara Gran


This is a scary and creepy page turner that will haunt you. I think "bone chilling" is a good way to describe Sara Gran's novel. It's small and short, a book that can be read in one sitting. Be warned- it's the stuff nightmares are made of...I don't want to reveal exactly what its about because I want you to be surprised and let the main character pull you into her story. It's not bloody finger stumps and dangling limbs, but it's gory in a mind twisting way.

I have to wonder about the authors inspiration for writing this book. It wasn't what I expected at all, I had no inkling as to what it was about before I began it. I was captivated by the narrative voice from the first page. If you liked to be spooked and frightened, this is the book for you. Just don't read it before bed.


3 Comments:

Blogger Manic Mom said...
Ooh... I wish I read this post before I hit B&N today. I gotta check this one out!

How have you been?? Is your book published!?!? @ 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Angie said...
Oh DJ, I am so glad you write about the scary thrillers too, because you know, I loves me a scary tale. I will def. check it out. :)) @ 7:09 PM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...
Hey DJ, tell the author I went out and bought her book right away after your recommendation, and then reading some excerpts on amazon. The only problem is that I'm kinda scared to read it!

Seriously.

Hope to catch up with you soon! @ 8:49 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google