Thursday, July 13, 2006

Who I Was Supposed To Be by Susan Perabo


"Behind every face in Who I Was Supposed to Be is a singular quirk to explore, a peculiarity to celebrate." from the publisher

Who I Was Supposed to Be is a collection of short stories full to the brim with emotion and observations. Sadness, depression, anxiety and human weakness are just a variety of what you willexperience in this all- you- can- read- buffet of well written short stories.

Generally, I stay away from short stories collections because the moment I become invested in a character, the story ends. This book is no exception. Each story is so good, I wanted to find out more about the future of the characters. Susan Perabo's writing is excellent with finely crafted phrases and dialogue.

My favorite story is titled, "Reconstruction". I have good taste, the movie studio agrees with me and have optioned the story for film. But all the stories are worth your time to read.

I'm anxious to read Susan's first novel called The Broken Places. I can't believe I haven't heard of The Broken Places before now. This book looks like a must- read!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google