Thursday, August 03, 2006

Books worth reading...


Beneath A Marble Sky by John Shors was sitting on my bookshelf and unbeknownst to me, my neighbor came in and swiped it. To be fair, she was watering my plants while I was in Alaska. I came home and she was raving on and on about this novel, claiming it was truly remarkable. It's a slice of rich, historical fiction. Has anyone read it? My list of books is long and eventually I will get to every last one but I was happy to hear that it was such a satisfying read.

More books waiting for my eyes is The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar, Elements of Style by the late great Wendy Wasserstein, The Sound Of No Hands Clapping by Toby Young, Why Men Marry Bitches by Sherry Argow, to name just a few on the wire shelf behind my very uncomfortable chair.

And what are you reading these days? Do tell!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh, DJ-where do you find all these great books! I just made an order into Amazon, based on a bunch of your recommendations--I can't keep.

Right now, I'm not reading much,as I'm 10wks pregnant. I do hope my mind will come back soon, since I want to finish Running With Scissors. I also decided to read The Giver, since some of my students said it was wonderful. @ 2:08 AM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...
I just read Pretty Little Dirty.
Interesting.

Next up on my shelf:
Eye Contact
Come Closer (still afraid to read!)
Straight Up And Dirty
The Girls
Another Sarah Dessen
God-Shaped Hole

How's the book coming along. I am getting royally depressed with the search from hell. May go your route! Pave the way for me baby! @ 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Jenni said...
Currently reading: Angry housewives eating bon bons
recently finished:
The beans of egypt, maine
Empire falls

Great blog! @ 7:05 PM  
Blogger jshors said...
Hey, I Google my novel (Beneath a Marble Sky) every few days, and noticed the nice image of the cover that you put up on your blog! Thanks! :)

Things are going really well with BAMS. It's selling very well, and we sold the movie rights. Fun stuff.

If anyone reads it, and has questions about it, feel free to email me at shors@aol.com.

Best wishes to all!

- John @ 3:52 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google