Tuesday, September 19, 2006

From pages to screen


Who can forget my un-interview with Gigi Levangie Grazer last year? I can't.

I was reading through some Hollywood news this evening and came across this little morsel:

Jon Avnet is set to direct and executive produce the USA Network miniseries, The Starter Wife. The show is based on the book written by Gigi Levangie Grazer, says The Hollywood Reporter; it's about the quest of a divorced woman (Debra Messing) to redefine herself after years of marriage to a Hollywood studio head.

I was surprised/excited/intrigued to see that the authors of The Nanny Diaries were set to pen the screenplay to Five Men Who Broke My Heart for Paramount Pictures.

The film is based on the romance memoir of Susan Shapiro and her midlife crisis-turned romantic comedy. Shapiro decided to seek out the five boyfriends who dumped her; her goal was to find out why she didn't measure up.Five Men Who Broke My Heart has no production schedule as of yet.

It's always interesting to see which novels get chosen for television or film and I'm happy to see studios are looking to authors for entertaining stories. Who else is eagerly anticipating the October release of Running With Scissors? I'm going alone, in the morning and enjoying it all by myself with a bag of popcorn loaded with butter.

I know of some wonderful books that would make excellent television shows or movies. I think movie studios should start reading this blog, don't you?


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thank you so much for this great blog. I've been enjoying all the interviews and really appreciate your respect for good writers regardless of genre. There's none of the holier-than-thou snobbery here that you find in other "literary" circles. I hear you on that "This Is Not Chick Lit" business. Thanks again and good luck with the Julia Cameron interview :) @ 10:48 AM  
Blogger Distressed Jeans said...
thank you so much, thats a lovely compliment!!

I love writers and especially love bringing attention to awesome novelists.

xx @ 11:04 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google