Wednesday, September 06, 2006

FYI

Distressed Jeans aka me, Cindy, will have a novel in the stores in just a few months.

Yes, A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss will be in bookstores, Amazon and Barnes&Noble.com in mid-November, 2006.

The novel is about a girl (okay, not quite a girl--she's in her early thirties) who becomes swept up in the life of popstar Kat Savage. Being friends with the singer isn't what Barrett imagined. It's not a steady stream of Spago, spa rituals, awards shows and free designer clothes and Jimmy Choo sandals. Quite the opposite actually.

Only after Barrett loses everything is she able to understand that a dose of celebrity worship may be more harmful than good.

I will post updates as I learn more. And we now resume our regular schedule...


12 Comments:

Blogger Relationship Girl said...
Wow love your blog - I love writing and novels too!!How do you get all these wicked authors to talk to you!!

Have you just got a publishing deal for your book then - congrats - your so lucky!!

Have a look at my site if you have time!!

Sx @ 9:31 AM  
Blogger gayle said...
Congratulations, Cindy! I can't wait to read the novel!

xo
gayle @ 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Angie said...
Cindy, that is the best news ever. I can't wait for it girlfriend! Instant hit!

Angie @ 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Laura Dave said...
I'm so excited to read it. congratulations! @ 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Irina said...
The best post ever so far! Congrats!!! I'm very, very happy for you, how exciting is it- a book coming out! @ 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Jennie said...
CONGRATS on the novel!I read this site all the time, for the great inspiration and the insight to some of my favorite authors. I hope you'll be interviewing me one day. @ 12:37 PM  
Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...
Whoohoo! Congrats, Cindy!! @ 9:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...
Congrats I look forward to it! Will you be giving away some free signed copies anytime before the release date? @ 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well it's about time girl! Hugest congrats! Can't wait to see it!

Chent @ 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...
WOW! That is wonderful news! I love your blog and am very happy for you. I'll definitely purchase your book - please keep us updated.

Congrats =) @ 8:20 PM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...
Okay, you know, I am soooo getting it! And how lucky am I that I've had the pleasure of reading some already!!!!

YOU GO GIRL! @ 12:35 AM  
Blogger Distressed Jeans said...
Thanks to everyone! I hope you like the book and think its fun.

I will certainly keep everyone posted. My CWFW group will get more info as soon as I do!

x @ 3:26 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google