Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Coming Up....



I'm reading as fast as I can but there is not enough time in the day for all the books I have piled up. I have given up on watching television with the exception of Project Runway! It's true, I have a slight crush on Tim Gunn.

I just finished an advanced readers copy of Self Storage by Gayle Brandeis. The book isn't hitting the stores until January which makes me all the more grateful for the sneak peek of this fabulous novel that you will love. I will be talking with Gayle as the release date gets closer. Pick up a copy of Leaves of Grass before you get Self Storage!

On my bookshelf this moment is a variety of novels and I am hoping to get the chance to talk to every one of the writers including- The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards, Some Nerve by Jane Heller, Model Student by Robin Hazelwood, Five Men Who Broke My Heart by Susan Shapiro, But Enough About Me by Jancee Dunn, Remember Me by Lisa Takeuchi Cullen, The Confession by James E. McGreevey, Kidnapped by Jan Burke. I'm looking forward to A Life Less Convenient: Letters to My Ex by Jennifer Clare Burke and A Dangerous Dress by Julia Holden.

Tell me, besides a deep tissue massage and a really good cup of coffee, what on earth is better than a good book?

Currently, I'm caught up in Beachglass by Wendy Blackburn which is a compelling and touching story written by a talented debut novelist.

Now you know what I have up my sleeve. You can find these books on Amazon.com so you can read along with me.

Happy reading, friends!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Angie said...
Reading is such a getaway, a release, and so relaxing. A PLEASURE! It is so hard to find the time to read, and when you read at bedtime, it puts me to sleep! Do you read in bed too?

I have about 4 books going at a time! I haven't started "Memory Keepers Daughter" yet, just read the first pages, and can't wait to see what you ask the author. @ 12:57 AM  
Blogger Trish Ryan said...
I read "But Enough About Me" - great book, and I suspect Jancee Dunn would be fun to interview. Not that I'm trying to convince you to move her to the top of the pile or anything... @ 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
By coincidence I just finished the Jane Heller book today. Amazing! I'm a long-time fan from the very first book she wrote, more than ten years ago. She'd be a great interview--she started out in book publishing as an editor, I believe, and now works for the other side of the fence. You can easily find her email at her website to contact her. No, I am not her PR person, I swear. Just a silly fan. @ 1:17 AM  
Blogger Distressed Jeans said...
Anon, Jane was one of the very first interviews I did last year when I began this blog. She is wonderful in person too! Funny and lively and teeny tiny.

xx @ 11:43 PM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...
DJ--WHAT ABOUT YOUR BOOK!?!?!? When can we get it?
Steph @ 10:09 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google