Monday, October 02, 2006

From books to the big screen


crotch shot of Sam the Cat- doesn't look feline to me

Benderspink has optioned Sam the Cat and Other Stories, a collection of short stories by Matthew Klam, and has set Matt Corman and Chris Ord to write the adaptation, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Klam's acclaimed stories tackled relationships and the quest for love through the eyes of young American men. Klam was named by the New Yorker as one of the 25 best fiction writers under 40 and has won an O. Henry Award for his short fiction. Benderspink is combining the stories into one narrative, all revolving around a central story, that of a political consultant who finds the woman of his dreams at the worst possible time in his life.

Interesting. I'm always very intrigued to learn which books are going to hit the big screen. I think there was a show like this with women - their 'relationships and quests for love'...um, yeah, Sex in the City. Let's see this from the men's side now.

I've never heard of Matthew Klam (he's never heard of me either I'm sure) and he's one of the 25 best fiction writers under 40. I'm wondering who the other 24 best writers are...anyone?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google