Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's almost here....


This is a sample of the cover for my novel. Everything is moving along quickly and it will be out at the very end of November. Let me say that again- MY BOOK IS GOING TO BE OUT! I am so excited, you can only imagine!

I got some awesome author blurbs from such incredible ladies as Jen Lancaster, Amy DeZellar, Robyn Harding, Laura Dave and Gayle Brandeis. All writers I adore for their books and wonderful personalities. Here is what they said:


"A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss offers a priceless—and hilarious--lookat what can lie beneath the glitz and glamour of celebrity. Cindy infuses this "be careful what you wish for" tale with great energy, humor, and sharp, witty social observation."
Gayle Brandeis, author of Fruitflesh: Seeds of Inspiration for WomenWho Write, The Book of Dead Birds, and Self Storage


" A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss is a biting piece of social satire about our obsession with celebrity culture, cleverly cloaked in the perfume-scented guise of 'chick lit.' I practically inhaled the story and loved how Bokma seamlessly wove a morality tale into the lighthearted, fast-paced narrative. Bokma's writing is funny, smart, and incisive, and I didn't want the book to end!"
Jen Lancaster, author of Bitter is the New Black


"A Thousand Dollars For A Kiss is a fun, funny, and thoughtful novel. Barrett Greer is one of a kind, and true-to-life. What a pleasure to live in her world for a little while."
Laura Dave, author of London is the Best City in America


"A superficial, celebrity-obsessed heroine who will have you laughing out loud and cheering on her transformation."
Robyn Harding, author of The Journal of Mortifying Moments and The Secret Desires of a Soccer Mom


"What seems to start out as a standard, although engaging, story of girl-meets-Hollywood ends up surprisingly real and a little bit dark. There had better be a sequel -- I have to know what happens to these characters next."
Amy DeZellar, author of Dating Amy

I will be posting links as soon as the books are on Amazon and Barnes & Noble! Thanks to all who have emailed and asked about A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss! Now, who is going to interview me?




9 Comments:

Anonymous Robin Brande said...
Congratulations! How exciting!! Good luck! @ 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats, Cindy!! I can't wait to read it. @ 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Angie said...
Cindy, I honestly am so excited for you and I can't wait to get my hands on a book. I would love to go to a book signing too, if possible? CONGRATS, you worked very hard for this! @ 8:36 PM  
Anonymous brenda said...
Great cover! Nothing can compare with the anticipation of the release of your first novel. You can't sleep, can't focus on anything else except whether people will like it and what it will feel like to finally hold it in your hands ...

It's like waiting to give birth, only without the expectation of major drugs or the fear of having to undergo an episiotomy! @ 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Fabulous cover Cindy, and fantastic blurbs! This is incredible news and I can't wait to read it!

Caroline @ 10:22 PM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...
Ah Cindy! Love the cover! Can't wait to read it. You will do fab with the marketing of it, I already know what an incredible writer you are!

YAY! Congrats! @ 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Weeee! I am so excited! I'll buy it just as soon as I can. @ 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Dating Amy said...
Yay! Oh, I'm so happy for you, Cindy. I love the cover (already loved the book). @ 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Isabel Quevedo said...
Congratulations! Good Luck! @ 6:40 AM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google