Saturday, December 16, 2006

Book to film: Notes on a Scandal


A few years ago I read this amazing, chilling novel called What Was She Thinking, Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller. I loved it. It is one of those books you cannot pull yourself away from. I don't want to tell you too much about it because I fear I would ruin the surprise for you.
I am certain I blogged about it after I read it but right now I'm too lazy to look at the archives and find it. Rest assured, the book is well worth your time, I promise you that you will close the book and say, "Oh. My. Goodness." Shocking. A page turner. Well played, Zoe Heller!

This morning, rainy and cold, so untypical of southern California, I was watching a rerun of the movie The Firm, pre-crazy Tom Cruise, when what should come on the screen but a movie trailer for Notes on A Scandal starring Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench, two excellent actresses who are already in the running for Oscars!

Go get this book right now and read it. Then see the movie opening on Christmas Day.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...
Okay DJ, you sold me. I was intrigued by this book when it first came out. Now I've GOT to read it! @ 9:51 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google