Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dreams do come true!

Unicorns and fairytales may not exist, but dreams do come true. I looked this morning and lo and behold, the book is online!! Click here for Amazon and the page will be brought up. I keep admiring my name up there although I think an alias would have been cool. M. Monroe comes to mind. Just wait until book 2 of this series! Click here for Borders and here for Barnes&Noble.

Can I tell you how very excited I am today? Look for an interview with well, me...coming soon.
Thanks for all your kind words and emails! It's so much appreciated.

THANK YOU to the authors below who so kindly blurbed my book for me!

A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss offers a priceless—and hilarious--lookat what can lie beneath the glitz and glamour of celebrity. Cindy Bokma infuses this "be careful what you wish for" tale with greatenergy, humor, and sharp, witty social observation.

-Gayle Brandeis, author of Fruitflesh: Seeds of Inspiration for WomenWho Write, The Book of Dead Birds, and Self Storage

A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss is a biting piece of social satire about our obsession with celebrity culture, cleverly cloaked in the perfume-scented guise of 'chick lit.' I practically inhaled the story and loved how Bokma seamlessly wove a morality tale into the lighthearted, fast-paced narrative. Bokma's writing is funny, smart, and incisive, and I didn't want the book to end!

-Jen Lancaster, author of Bitter is the New Black



A Thousand Dollars For A Kiss is a fun, funny, and thoughtful novel. Barrett Greer is one of a kind, and true-to-life. What a pleasure to live in her world for a little while.

-Laura Dave, author of London is the Best City in America


A superficial, celebrity-obsessed heroine who will have you laughing out loud and cheering on her transformation.

-Robyn Harding, author of The Journal of Mortifying Moments and The Secret Desires of a Soccer Mom

What seems to start out as a standard, although engaging, story of girl-meets-Hollywood ends up surprisingly real and a little bit dark. There had better be a sequel -- I have to know what happens to these characters next.

- Amy DeZellar, author of Dating Amy



12 Comments:

Blogger Brilliance said...
Congratulations! A great way to end the year!!!
Good luck! @ 6:17 PM  
Blogger Swishy said...
Congratulations! Very exciting! @ 12:53 AM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...
Wow, great news--congratulations! (And such glowing endorsements!) @ 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I just bought 5! I am so proud of you Cindy - will you sign them! I'm super excitedt to give them as gifts!!! Love, Kiersten @ 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
You go sister! I plan to give some as gifts this Holiday Season! Way to follow your dreams...
S.S.LOVE @ 5:52 PM  
Blogger Distressed Jeans said...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

xoxoxoxoxo @ 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats, Cindy!! I'm off to buy it right now! @ 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Holy S@*# Batman!

I'm so excited for you. Just ordered my compy from Amazon!!!

Way to go Cindy. I've really missed your celebrity blog. Now I can get my humor fix from you!

Man, that is just awesome! I see several vodkatini's in your future today!!!!!! ;)

Wendy @ 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey I love your blog and read it all the time! I just bought your book this weekend and finished it in two days! I was gripped! What a wonderful story and well developed characters. Great job and congrats!

~Ally @ 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...
Yay! Finally we can get it on amazon. I kept checking and all I found for a while were copies from third party sellers. It appears to be in stock now - guess I deserve a little Christmas present to myself, right?

Congrats, Cindy! :) @ 9:57 PM  
Blogger Distressed Jeans said...
WOW thanks Ally! That means so much to me, Im beyond thrilled that you liked it.

xoxoxoxoxox @ 1:00 AM  
Blogger Adi said...
Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa @ 8:56 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google