Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!



There was once a time in my life when I did not have a Valentine. It seemed like the whole entire world was in love except me. Everywhere I looked, there were happy couples kissing and holding hands and existing to make my life miserable or so it seemed. But that was a long time ago. Just because I have a Valentine doesn't mean everyone else does, so here are two books for those who are single. You don't need a partner for validation though- you are wonderful as you are!

First up is a book from Susan Shapiro called Secrets of a Fix-Up Fanatic. Susan has been setting people up for years and has an outrageous success rate. She writes with a sense of humor and warmth which makes me think we could be good friends. I like funny, kind people. Wouldn't it be super if a friend who knew you well could match you up with a person who was your ideal fit? Like two puzzle pieces snapping together.

The next book is called I Love You, Let's Meet- Adventures in Online Dating by Virginia Vitzthum. I have several friends who met their significant others via the online emporium. I tried classified ads once before the advent of myspace et al, and ended up with a chubby football player who had fingers like sausages. He sent me a dozen long stemmed roses after we met. No he didn't end up being my husband, by the way.

Did you realize that there are words and abbreviations used in cyberdating? Who knew that RL stands for Real Life? To me, it's Ralph Lauren. Virginia interviews those who have plunged into online dating and details everything in I Love You, Let's Meet. The book is a peek into other people's online dating emails and stories. It's almost voyeuristic!

Whether you are single or with someone special, I wish you a Happy Valentines Day!

Labels: , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google