Monday, April 16, 2007

Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron


The worst job I ever had was working at The Limited at Paramus Park Mall in New Jersey. I was positioned at the door as a "greeter" you know, the annoyingly peppy person who jumps on you as soon as you enter, saying something like this : "Hi! Welcome to the Limited! Do you know that our color block shirts are on sale today and that we have a special on stir-up pants? Let me show you where they are!"

After only a few months, I couldn't handle being the "greeter" for one second longer. I swore that was the last job I would ever get in retail.
Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type by Paul D. Teiger and Barbara Barron is a fabulous book that helps narrow down what careers are not for you based on your personality type. For example, as an INFP person (introverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiving) sales are not for me. I could not be a mathematician either. Or a preschool teacher. Jobs that suit my personality type include artist, writer, novelist...we can stop there, I found my niche.

The book includes tips on Pathways to Success and Possible Pitfalls of each personality type. If you aren't quite sure where you fit in or if you want to learn more about yourself, check out this book. It will help you narrow down what you are good at and which careers will be a match for you.

Labels: , , ,


1 Comments:

Anonymous price per head service said...
Awesome interesting information and attractive.This blog is really rocking...Yes, the post is very interesting and I really like. @ 12:39 AM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google