Friday, June 08, 2007

Bright Lights, Big Ass




Underneath that Mossimo sweater beats the heart of a Ralph Lauren twinset- loving, pearl- adorned Republican with a taste for Charles Shaw wine and container gardens. I'm talking about Jen Lancaster.


I imagine her to be the kind of girl that would guffaw as you fell down a flight of stairs but after she helped you up, would offer you a glass of wine or whiskey and launch into some juicy gossip about a neighbor.

I’m sure you’ve read Bitter is the New Black, Jen's hilarious account of being taken down from high class, six- figure earning exec who loved spending cash in flashy department stores to a poor temp who had to downgrade her expensive taste to fit inside a red cart at Target.

Bright Lights, Big Ass is the follow up to Bitter is the New Black and everyone I know is reading it. When I put the call out for readers to help me get through books to be reviewed, nearly everyone responded with "I just finished Bright Lights, Big Ass." And that? Is true.


This a must-read if you are a fan of sarcastic, well written, non- fiction (I am). I adore Jen and always read her website, Jennsylvania. I can't wait to see if there is a third book in the works from Jen. Maybe a little fiction? Or another memoir so she can neatly shelve the trilogy of her life? I can't wait to see what's next.

Labels: , , ,


4 Comments:

Anonymous alicia k said...
Ha ha ha ... I swear to you five ways from Sunday I had no idea you'd posted this review before I sent in my sample review of the same book the other day. ;-) @ 5:51 PM  
Blogger asoom said...
I just ordered both of her books on amazon! @ 12:58 PM  
Anonymous cleananglingpledge said...
Oh my god, there's so much effective information above! @ 11:25 AM  
Anonymous price per head online said...
hello i like a lot your blog, has very good information. thanks by sharing this information @ 12:42 AM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google