Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ann Rule, true crime at it's best!


I've long been a fan of Ann Rule's true crime books. It's been years and years since I began reading the books she writes. I am a huge fan even though her books are bone chilling at times and I look at every stranger with a suspicious glance after I'm done with each story.

Once you start reading, it's really hard to put it down. You know the saying, truth is stranger than fiction, and when you read Ann's books, you can't help but think that's very true. It seems these terrible people who commit crimes have one of two things in common- either an overbearing or controlling mother, perhaps some kind of bizarre family life or maybe both.

I read Too Late to Say Goodbye recently and want to recommend it to my readers who are looking for a worthwhile book to sink their teeth into. Each book Ann writes is full of detail, meticulously researched and written in a way that anyone can understand. Hopefully, someday I will get to interview her on this site but until then, I want to recommend any of her books.

Too Late to Say Goodbye "is about the bizarre story of Dr. Barton Corbin, a Georgia dentist, and two women in his life--Dolly Hearn, a fellow dental student--and Jennifer Corbin, his wife. This promises to be one of the most remarkable and tangled stories Ann has ever told."

Here is a link to Ann Rule's website and a link to Amazon.com.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger M said...
I love true crime and I love Ann Rule. Is this a new book of hers or just one you recently read?

That would be awesome if you interview her for your site. I really admire her work. She is so prolific and an engaging writer. @ 9:57 PM  
Blogger Distressed Jeans said...
Stay tuned, I will be interviewing Ann this fall!

And that is a new book, she is working on a couple of others right now.

xx @ 6:02 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google