Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The fabulous Allison Winn Scotch interviews me

At my book signing. Please note I am having a good hair day. Perfectly fluffy, curled and no visible roots.


My book!


I could sit here for hours and tell you about my quest to becoming a published author. I'll give you the shortish version. I always wrote whether it be a poem about how I hated my nose when I was nine or a story for the literary paper in highschool or marketing materials as an adult. It's such a part of me, being a writer. I can't NOT write. I was making up books when I was a kid, different characters and such. I was also constantly reading a book or magazine.

Finally I decided it was time to buckle down and write a book. I wrote a book about a mother and wife who was not in love with her husband and left her infant daughter in his care to pursue her education in New York City even though no one could understand her motivation.

The book received tons of rejections. I wrote another book about a girl who is marries an abusive Hollywood producer and flees Beverly Hills to a quiet seaside town in the Northeast. More rejections. I stopped writing books for a while.

All the crazy celebs in Hollywood inspired me to write A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss. And that's where the lovely, talented and super cute Allison Winn Scotch's interview picks up. You can read it here. It's published by a small publisher but the next go-around, I'm looking for a stellar agent and a large publishing house with a good advance. This business is tough. And creative people are sensitive people and its just a shame that there is so much rejection in this business.

As Winston Churchill said, "Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up."



Labels: , ,


2 Comments:

Anonymous Cmate said...
I've always wanted to get published too... but not much English publisher here in Malaysia. @ 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Prose Matters said...
Congratulations on your book being published! A writer's dream. I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing it. Take care! @ 6:35 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google