Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl


A few years ago my friend told me about the Mayan calender which ends on December 21, 2012. Of course I freaked out and started reading up on this which scared me even more. Eventually, I let it go and tried not to think of that date or the possibility that I simply won't wake up on that date in the not so distant future.

Since then, people have been bringing this up in conversation and it's quite a hot topic. I plan to disregard pretty much everything and believe that instead of some horrible apocalyptic event, maybe our collective conscious will swing in a more positive direction beginning in that year. And if you have a comment about this, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. I don't want to be scared, I want to live in love and peace not in fear. I went to chat with my friends pastor about 2012 and felt comforted and got a new look on the situation.

I received 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck and decided to read it out of curiosity. Here is the summery from the publisher:

The acclaimed metaphysical epic that binds together the cosmological phenomena of our time, ranging from crop circles to quantum theory to the resurgence of psychedelic drugs, to support the contention of the Mayan calendar that the year 2012 portends a global shift-in consciousness, culture, and way of living-of unprecedented consequence.

Daniel is an interesting fellow and the book reads like you are privy to his psychedelic drug induced trips. He writes about things from eastern philosophy to quantum physics to monogamy and crop circles. I'd say keep an open mind when you read this one. Amazon link.

Labels: ,


Google