Thursday, December 13, 2007

Juno, Diablo Cody and Candy Girl

I love stories like this. Diablo Cody (which is the coolest name ever even if she did make it up and even if Diablo means devil in spanish) was a stripper in Minnesota who wrote a book, Candy Girl.



Then Diablo wrote this very brilliant and witty screenplay and the next thing, everyone is raving about a little film called Juno. The buzz for the movie began months ago. I didn't know much about the writer behind the movie until recently, now I've seen her in magazines and on the internet. I think we could be BFFs. Maybe just Fs. She is funky and bold and probably one of those people who can walk into a room and the atmosphere changes with their coolness. I might be speechless if I were to meet her. I have to sometimes remind myself that we are all just people. See if this link works to watch Diablo, her hot pink fishnets and David Letterman.



It's the kind of Cinderella story I dream of-minus the seedy underbelly of Minneapolis- you know, the talented writer toiling away living on nothing but dreams and cheap coffee then BAM! Hollywood comes knocking and life is never the same.


How did this stripper- turned- screenwriter- turned Hollywood IT girl, learn to write a screenplay? And HOW did she ever hook up with Steven Spielberg? I have questions that need to be answered.



Below is the trailer for the movie. Doesn't it look fantastic? Add it to my Must See Holiday Movie list.





Labels: , , ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Manic Mom said...
OK WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

I am sooo going to B&N and getting Candy Girl (love that David Letterman video, and she looks so cute and fun and non-geeky and I cracked up about her going back on the pole!) and also am dying to see that movie -- is it out yet?!?!!? (I'll be googling that next to find out more about that flick! Definite 'must-see!)

Haven't caught up with you in a while Cindy--hope things are good! Drop me an email when you get a chance. Not much of anything to report here. Only one new quote I'm taking to heart these days: "The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people fail more."

So we just got keep at it! : )

Thanks for always keeping your readers and fans up-to-date on what's cool and new out there for us!

Happy Holidays!

Steph @ 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Wendy said...
It won't truly have success, I suppose this way. @ 11:52 AM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google