Thursday, January 17, 2008

Celebs who hated school




Its no secret that I hated junior highschool and highschool. There was nothing fun about it. I was teased and picked on, humiliated and made fun of consistently. My husband wishes he could hop in a time machine and go back to 1988 but for me, the only good memory is when I was handed my diploma and knew I would never ever have to go back to highschool, ever.
The thrust of my ambition is probably due to shaking off those feelings of inadequency. Prove that without braces, a headgear, short hair and a most sensitive nature that I have made something of my small town self.
I was looking online to see if there was a new book coming out from Plum Sykes in the near future. I didn't see any book information but I did stumble upon this interview. Here is a woman who resembles Jackie O, who probably wears cashmere pajamas to bed, who is very successful and lovely and she? Hated school too.
I don't know why I'm even thinking about this topic, school and how happy I am that I never have to go back. But here are some celebrity quotes that I found:
Plum Sykes-
Did you enjoy school?
There are no words for how much I loathed my school days. I remember on the last day everyone except myself was crying. I was thrilled to be leaving: I couldn’t understand what there could possibly be to miss about school.
Victoria Beckham also had a hard time:
"They were literally picking things up out of the puddles and throwing them at me. I just stood there, on my own. No one was with me. I didn’t have any friends. People would push me around, say they were going to beat me up after school, chase me. It was miserable, my whole schooling, miserable. I tried to be friends with people, but I didn’t fit in. So I kept myself to myself.”
Anthony Hopkins of all people!
"I thought I would defy them all. That has stayed with me the rest of my life, the thought that I would show themall one day. And that's why I became an actor."
Sarah Michelle Geller:
"I've always been the nerdy, geekish outsider who still remembers how a lot of my classmates used to torture me."

Labels:


1 Comments:

Blogger Hot Cover Girls Central said...
i don't know that some celebs hates school. thanks for this info.

from cathy young please visit me at:
http://sexygirlsfashioncelebsfreepics.blogspot.com/
http://hotgirlsphotocollections.blogspot.com/ @ 11:21 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google