Thursday, January 17, 2008

Marla Martenson, Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate is Waiting





When I was a teenager, all I would dream about, besides being a famous writer and living in California, was having someone to love me. I wanted a boyfriend who would treat me nicely and appreciate me and love me and shower me with affection and compliments. I never longed for having babies or being a mother but being a wife, yeah. I liked that idea. Of course I had a preconcieved notion of what he would be like, which is NOTHING like the man I married.

Fast forward to now, I have been married for twelve years and hopefully the husband seeking, soul mate searching is over forever. But had I not met him, what would I have done? Author Marla Martenson's new book is called, Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate is Waiting. This is the book I would have consulted if I didn't find my Mr. Right. Who doesn't want to find love, have a partner to share their life with? The book is about how to use the Law of Attraction to attract your mate. This is an easy to read book, never preachy, always positive and upbeat. And Marla herself is a gem! Click here to visit her website.

How has the Law of Attraction worked in your life?
The Law of Attraction has and continues to work in my life in all areas. Since I really started to apply it, especially using the techniques in Lynn Grabhorn's book Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting which I review and teach in my book Excuse Me, Your Soul Mate Is Waiting, my whole life has changed. I got a new career in matchmaking which has been incredibly rewarding, I met my husband who is my soul mate, I got a book deal with Hampton Roads and new and wonderful opportunities are appearing continuously.

Do you believe in the notion of a soul mate?
I believe that we all have many soul mates. My dog Daphne was my soul mate, my husband is my soul mate and many of my friends are soul mates teaching me and bringing something much needed and special into my life. As far as a romantic, life partner soul mate I do believe in it and believe that I have finally met mine.

What is the most important lesson you have learned about love?
The most important thing that I have learned so far is that love means non judgment, patience, and accepting people for who they are and not trying to change them.

Everyone imagines love as a fairy tale. Do you believe in happily ever after?
I believe that happily ever after does indeed exist. My husband's parents were married over 50 years until his father passed away last year. They were best friends as well as husband and wife. The happily ever after seems rare nowadays with the divorce rate so high, but it is definitely possible.

How can someone tell if their partner is "the one?"
I discuss this at length in my book, ask yourself some important questions early on about the person and be honest with yourself. Often times people mistake attraction or lust for "soul mate." Does this person treat you and your loved ones with respect? Does he talk about future plans together? Does he introduce you to his friends and family? Is he proud to be with you? Do you feel like you could spend the rest of your life with this person and be happy and fulfilled?

What was your path to becoming a matchmaker?
I honestly think that my becoming a matchmaker was meant to be. I never intentionally planned to become one. I didn't even realized they existed. I fell into the job by answering an ad in the back of an actor’s newspaper. I was looking for a part time job and ended up having a 6 year career in the field, helping countless couples to find "the one" and to go on to get married and write a book about it.

Do you watch TV? What are your favorite shows?
I do watch TV. When I get home from a long day at the office, about 7:45 p.m. I love making myself a cup of tea, putting on my sweats and curling up to watch my favorite shows, Larry King Live, Oprah, Nancy Grace, Show Biz Tonight, The O'Reilly Factor, Glen Beck. Then for fun, my husband and I love watch Forensic Files, Dexter, The Tudors, The History Channel, and basically most of the HBO and ShowTime series.

If you could match a couple of single celebrities, who would you pair up?
Paris Hilton and Hugh Hefner would be pretty wild!

What is the mystery of David Spade? That guy has dated every eligible and gorgeous actress in Hollywood!
Well, I don't know what his mystery is, but it seems like he is having the time of his life!

My husband and I are so different. he loves sports while I like museums and art. I am creative while he is logical. Please explain the "opposites attract" theory.
Well, I believe the opposites attract theory means looks wise opposites attract. I am a red head and have always been approached by more dark or ethnic men and I love dark guys. As far as having different interests, that's okay as long as you respect each other and give each other space to do your own thing. It's also important to share in each others interests for example if your husband loves sports, watch a game with him now and again, or make him sandwiches and get his favorite beer. And hopefully he will go to the mall with you once every couple of months and hold your purse while you are pawing through the sales rack!



Do you plan on writing another book?
Yes, as a matter of fact I am halfway through a novel and I would love to write more non fiction self help type of books.

What is your five year plan?
My five year plan is to continue writing and build a speaking career, travel and enjoy life.

Labels: , ,


7 Comments:

Blogger Laticia said...
Oprah's 4 interviews with Jill Bolte Taylor were the first that Oprah did after Eckhart Tolle and they take everything Tolle talks about to another level. Oprah's copy of Jill's book, MY STROKE OF INSIGHT, was dog-eared and all marked up and kept reading from it the way she read from A New Earth and recommended it highly.

Oprah's recommendation was enough for me. I read My Stroke of Insight and I loved it too. This story is as inspiring as The Last Lecture or Tuesdays with Morrie - and even better, it has a Happy Ending!

I bought the book on Amazon because they have it for 40% off retail and they also had an amazing interview with Dr Taylor that I haven't seen anywhere else - Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/My-Stroke-Insight-Scientists-Personal/dp/0670020745/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211471755&sr=1-2 @ 5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I read "My Stroke of Insight" in one sitting - I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I cried. It was a fantastic book (I heard it's a NYTimes Bestseller and I can see why!), but I also think it will be the start of a new, transformative Movement! No one wants to have a stroke as Jill Bolte Taylor did, but her experience can teach us all how to live better lives. Her TED.com speech was one of the most incredibly moving, stimulating, wonderful videos I've ever seen. Her Oprah Soul Series interviews were fascinating. They should make a movie of her life so everyone sees it. This is the Real Deal and gives me hope for humanity. @ 6:32 AM  
Blogger Adi said...
Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa page and other update like as Beratnya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa, Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa di perpanjang and Jangan Berhenti Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. Thank you So much.

Oes Tsetnoc | Lanjutkan Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa @ 11:22 PM  
Blogger gaohui said...
huhu @ 4:07 AM  
Anonymous Phillis said...
Oh my god, there's a lot of effective material in this post! @ 11:34 PM  
Anonymous price per head call center said...
Thanks, great share.I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article.
@ 2:52 PM  
Anonymous price per head call center said...
I really admire this, I mean it really looks interesting! Very nice write up. Anyways, its a Great post.
@ 2:53 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google