Monday, April 28, 2008

Books to Movies and Movies


I am so excited to see the movie version of Love and Other Impossible Pursuits by Ayelet Waldman. I learned today that Jennifer Lopez is starring in the film. I wonder if Jennifer and Ayelet will become BFFs? Imagine being buddies with a diva like Jennifer?

If you haven't read the book, go out and do so. This way you will be fully prepared when the movie comes out. I read an interview with Jennifer from a year ago and she said, "I think I'm gonna do this movie with Don Roos. It's something that he wrote. It's called Love and Other Impossible Pursuits. I'm very excited."

J.Lo, lets get one thing straight. Don Roos may have penned the screenplay but the book was written by Ayelet Waldman. Let's give the novelist credit where credit is due. Books turning into movies are happening all the time right now and I want to be sure to mention the novelists name. After all, that's where the idea came from. The creative seed was born in the writers mind.

Here is a link to learn more about the book. As soon as the trailer is up, I'll post it. I think we have another year to wait which gives you plenty of time to read that novel first!

And talking about movies, I went and saw Baby Mama this weekend. I don't know if you are a casual reader or have been following my every post, goal and dream but I long to be a successful screenwriter and Baby Mama is the kind of film I'd like to write, something humorous and fun and happy with a nice ending.

It was a cute movie, suitable for all ages (except people, please don't bring your infants and kids under 13 to a PG-13 movie) and didn't have a lot of profanity. No nudity either. I adore the comedic coupling of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. Hit with inspiration, I now know exactly who I want to play Barrett and Kat in the movie version of A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss!
Enjoy this clip of Baby Mama!


Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google