Monday, April 07, 2008

No Country For Old Men

Yea, sure now you're all smiles Javier! After you scared me to death in No Country for Old Men!

You know I am a big fan of books that are turned into movies. I read all the glorious reviews of No Country for Old Men which is based on a novel by Cormac McCarthy. This weekened we rented the movie. Honestly, I don't think I have the patience for the novel which is why the film suited me just fine.

I heard that it was completely gory and violent so I was prepared. The landscape of the film is very dry, think sweeping views of old towns and desert regions. Tommy Lee Jones is a crusty old sheriff (Bell) who is searching for the person who committed a trail of murders using some kind of cattle prod. Josh Brolin (Moss) is the twangy son of a gun who stumbles upon millions of dollars in a suitcase along with a group of dead Mexicans and rusty pickup trucks. Do you see where this is headed? Javier, (Anton) with a psychopathic glimmer in his eye and a very bad coif, is after Josh who is running away with the money. Too late in the movie Moss realizes the money has a tracker on it which is how Anton is followng him. Ooops! Note to self- if I find a suitcase full of cash, must check for tracking device!

Bell is after them both- to arrest Anton and help Moss. Woody Harrelson shows up and I wanted him to live because, hello! It's Woody Harrelson (minus the hemp and weed). You will be on the edge of your seat during the entire film. Because I am of a delicate constitution, I covered my eyes anytime I thought the movie might get bloody. It worked well for me.


Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google