Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ten Years Thinner




I received Ten Years Thinner months ago and have had it sitting next to my stationary bike ever since. I have been constantly refering to it and doing the exercises almost daily. The program is so simple and doesn't take a lot of time to complete. All you need is a step stool, a set of light hand weights (even soup cans will do), a mat and a pillow. You can do this routine anywhere in your house, yard, while you are on vacation. For someone like me who dreads any kind of cardio, this program is ideal.

I keep picking the book up again and again to reread certain chapters. It has a perpetual bookmark where the exercises are featured. Your heart rate gets up, don't be fooled by the simplicity of the movements!

The exercise program features lots of squats and lunges. These two exercises help tone the thighs and buttocks- perfect for the all too quickly approaching summer season. Bathing suits...yuck! Unfortunately for me, I have lower back problems stemming from wonky hips so I have to stay away from lunges but I can easily do everything else.

I am not a fan of going to the gym- I always felt compelled to primp and dress nicely to work out (remember spandex?) this is why I love books like Ten Years Thinner. The exercises are tailored for the busy person who is pressed for time or someone like me who can't (or doesn't want to) get to a gym. Spend twenty to thirty minutes a day on this exercise routine and your body will shape up quickly especially if you follow Christine's eating program which includes so many healthy foods, you won't be lacking in tasty meals.

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google