Friday, April 11, 2008

Then She Found Me


This is a picture of the sheff where I keep my books. As you can see, there are tons. I'm running out of room and my sloppy nature is partly to blame. I keep stacking books on top of books on top of other stuff. How nice it would be to have some kind of modern IKEA-esque shelving in my teeny tiny office. I get emails from authors and PR people all the time asking if they can send books to review. I say yes, of course but they might end up in the black hole of the office. I try to read everything but sometimes a book will catch my interest and I will drop everything, run to the library and borrow it.

I know people who don't use this fantastic resource. GO. Check out books for FREE. I love the books both old and new filling the shelves, so much information available to everyone. When I was younger, I would go to the library and look at random books- cookbooks, biographies, travel. I sat in the lounge chairs and paged through magazines. All the librarians knew me by name. It was a home away from home.

You can find your local branch of the library online and reserve what you want. I check out what's new on Amazon and then place holds on books at my library. If the library doesn't have the book I want, then I buy it. I may end up donating the book so others can enjoy it. It's not fair to keep a good book to yourself. I loan books, give them away, donate.

I just finished reading Then She Found Me by Elinor Lipman. I LOVED the book so I am recommending it to you. Helen Hunt took the novel and fashioned it into a screenplay. Then she directed and starred in the film. I think she's one of my new heroes. Bette Midler will play her mother. You have to read TSFM in order to appreciate this casting. No one else but Bette could play the role of Bernice. The screenplay didn't follow the book exactly but I'll forgive. The film is based on a book and I love that. Read it, then see it when it opens on April 25th.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment  | << Home
Google