Friday, June 20, 2008

Amazon Top Picks for June

Out of all the top picks from Amazon for June, there are only two on this list that I want to read. When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris and Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich. Two books which I am anxious to dig into are The German Bride by Joanna Hershon and Janelle Brown's All We Ever Wanted Was Everything.

I suppose I'll get around to reading The New Earth but after seeing everyone and their mother reading it, I got sort of turned off. Like when you hear a song on the radio and you like it and then suddenly its playing so often that your ears feel like they are being violated after the three hundredth time you hear it. When I see people toting The New Earth, I'm thinking...can't you find another book, one that Oprah hasn't read yet? Is there not another book on this planet that you can find? Yes, there are so many choices.

Check out The Painter from Shanghai, Comfort Food, Away, Swim to Me.


When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
What Happened by Scott McClellan
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Big Russ and Me by Tim Russert
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
The Shack by William P. Young
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Dungeons & Dragons Core Rulebook Gift Set, 4th Edition (what!?)
The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria
oh and if you are bored, check out www.hellodollface.com where I write about celebrities and beauty. I am running a contest right now for one lucky reader who lives in New York City so scope it out. Drop by and say 'ello.

Labels:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...
I'd like to read the latest Sedaris also. I just read Fearless Fourteen (fun as usual, some laugh-out-loud moments, but Grandma Mazur wasn't in it enough)...and I'm currently reading Twilight. I don't quite get all the hype for Twilight. I'm around page 350 or so. I am interested in what will happen next - enough to keep reading - but it is a bit slow paced for me. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how they're going to make an exciting movie from it. However, I appear to be in the minority. I work at a bookstore and the kids are buying that book like crazy.
I just saw a book at work yesterday called Queen of the Road - I'd never heard of it before. It looks funny. I love travel memoirs. @ 1:41 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google