Saturday, August 02, 2008

Finally!


Finally! I've been waiting and waiting for this movie. The trailer should be out soon and I'm looking forward to it. You know my particular passion is books being made into films. I'm nearly obsessed with it....especially the craft of screenwriting and taking an authors vision and seeing it unfold on the big screen with actors and visuals. I have very high expectations for this movie.

The book is one of the best that I've ever read. If you are one of the few people who haven't read the book, I suggest you get your hands on a copy soon. I don't know anyone who has read the book and hasn't loved it. I might have to reread it.
Here's a synopsis....
Set in South Carolina in 1964, the film is the moving tale of Lily Owens (Fanning) a 14 year-old girl who is haunted by the memory of her late mother (Burton). To escape her lonely life and troubled relationship with her father (Bettany), Lily flees with Rosaleen (Hudson), her caregiver and only friend, to a South Carolina town that holds the secret to her mother's past. Taken in by the intelligent and independent Boatwright sisters (Latifah, Okonedo and Keys), Lily finds solace in their mesmerizing world of beekeeping, honey and the Black Madonna.

The eagerly awaited movie trailer....

Labels:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've seen this movie, it was so wonderful it made me think about a lot of things in my life. @ 3:31 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google