Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The most interesting news of your day

Not for nothing but I've been at this writing thing for a long, long time. I wrote my first children's book when I was a teenager and kept a notebook full of short stories from the time I could hold a pencil in my hand. My first non-paying job was writing book reviews at the local library; I was six.



So when I read the following news of Lauren Conrad's book deal (via Publishers Lunch), well, I couldn't help but feel a wee bit of what-- envy? jealousy? disbelief? If only I had made it on to Survivor (the only reality show I've ever tried out for and my husband nearly fell over imagining me in the wilderness, without a blowdryer) ... if only I had the chance to be on a reality show, then perhaps I'd be a famous author now. Here's the news on her deal:

Star of MTV's reality show The Hills, Lauren Conrad has a three-book YA series LA CANDY, loosely inspired by her own transformation from ordinary teen to reality TV darling and fashion designer, about a girl who moves to LA and unexpectedly stars in a reality show, finding wealth, famous friends, fabulous clothes, and romance -- as well as the darker realization that everyone wants something from her, and nothing is what it appears to be.

Just wondering if there will be characters in the book named Speidi and Hencer? You might also be interested- and if you're not, just keep reading anyway- to learn that Candace Bushnell is coming out with a book about Carrie Bradshaw's highschool years. I think it was called Square Pegs? According to US Weekly: "I've always been interested in exploring Carrie's teenage years," Bushnell said in a statement. "Carrie in high school did not follow the crowd - she led it. It was there that she began observing and commenting on the social scene." The novel, part of a two-book deal, is due for global publication in fall 2010.

Labels: ,


4 Comments:

Anonymous Angie said...
Cindy, your book would be so much better than whatever this young lady can write. I don't know her to write, does she? I believe in you Cindy, keep on doing it the old fashion way, and your hard work will pay off soon.
xoxo Angie @ 11:41 PM  
Blogger monque_barb said...
I really like reading celebrities biographies and I just love the every day rumors and tabloids!
Famous Actresses @ 11:51 PM  
Anonymous onno david said...
This blog is so helpful. Just found your blog today it's wonderful. I just reading this blog nice very nice. This is a great and interesting post. I like reading celebrities biographies. I am a fan and enjoy your work. Cindy your book so excellent. Keep up the awesome work. thanks for the wonderful entry. @ 3:25 AM  
Blogger Daniela said...
Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting. I’ll likely be coming back to your blog. Keep up great writing. Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at Korea Drama Online one of great korea drama is A Love to Kill if you go to travel to Indonesia learn Learn Indonesia Language first! And find your home cari rumah or make a blog Belajar membuat Blog find your home again rumah dijual and again at jual rumah the point is cari rumah, jual rumah, rumah dijual, download youtube and find blog widget and then if you want buy a new laptop see the Laptop Price List or you can buy a New Blackberry and then take care your Health & Jewerly good job, very great article Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual Thanks ever so much Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual very useful article Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual Great information Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual I like your blog Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual I will be checking back for any new articles Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual just bookmarked it for later reference Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual, free scholarships, Wikilaw, eporchshop, free wallpapers, free gadgets. Thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed @ 10:11 PM  
Post a Comment  | << Home
Google